Since tomatoes reached Italy in 1548, they’ve become a staple to pantries across the country. Today, a wide variety of this juicy sun-ripened fruit is grown across the European nation. In fact, there isn’t a better place than Italy to get these red delicacies. The region’s soil and atmosphere make it a safe haven for various tomato plant types. Several food brands ship high-quality Italian chopped tomatoes to different parts of the world so that people can make popular dishes from Italy.
If you already have a can of tomatoes in your pantry but don’t know what to do with it, we’re here to help you out. Apart from that, you can get chopped tomatoes online from a reputed store that gets its supplies from Italy-based brands.
Learn these easiest recipes to try at home.
- Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil
Ask an Italian about a perfect classic summer appetizer, and the chances are high that the individual will say bruschetta. Pronounced brusketta, it has been a summer delicacy in Italy since its invention during the 15th century. If you’ve already tasted the dish many times at restaurants, it’s time to try it yourself.
- Chopped tomatoes (1 ½ lbs)
- Extra virgin olive oil ( one tablespoon)
- Olive oil (60 ml)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic vinegar (one teaspoon)
- Minced garlic cloves (2)
- Sea salt
- Italian bread
- Begin the process by preheating the oven to 450°F.
- Toss fresh chopped tomatoes with olive oil, garlic cloves, basil leaves, vinegar, and salt.
- Now, put the tomatoes in a bowl and add extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic, and balsamic vinegar to it. Stir the mixture.
- Take the bread and cut it into thick slices. Now, brush these slices with olive oil. After that, place these slices in the preheated oven for around five minutes.
- On a platter, arrange the bread with olive oil side facing up. Serve the bread slices with the tomato bruschetta mixture.
It is an ultra-quick and delicious dish inspired by cassoulet, which is a slow-cooked casserole dish containing chicken, white beans, and sausage. It is a delicious dish to serve for dinner. Cassoulet is easy to cook and doesn’t have a long cooking time.
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chicken sausage
- Olive oil
- White wine
- Take Italian chopped tomatoes from a reliable food brand from Italy.
- In a pan, take olive oil and sauté onion and garlic.
- Now, add wine, chicken stock, tomatoes, and herbs to the pan.
- Put beans and sausage. Bake it and garnish with herbs.
The Italian-styled Cioppino is a delicious dish for a hungry family. It takes just 15 minutes for preparation and 45 minutes to cook the dish.
- Sliced tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- Chicken broth (14.5 ounces)
- Unsalted butter (3 tablespoons)
- Chopped onion (1 cup)
- Minced garlic cloves (3)
- White wine (¾ cup)
- Peeled shrimp (1 pound)
- Bay scallops (1 pound)
- Small clams (10)
- Dried basil (1 tablespoon), dried thyme (½ teaspoon), Red pepper flakes (¼ teaspoon), Dried oregano (½ teaspoon), bay leaves (2 to 3)
- Take a pan and melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic to the pan. Stir for 5 to 7 minutes, or until onions get softened.
- Now, add sliced tomatoes, chicken broth, basil, oregano, thyme, bay leaves, red pepper flakes, wine, and water to the mix. Stir for a few minutes. After that, cover the pan and simmer until tomatoes are softened.
- Add clams, scallops, and shrimp to the mix. Ensure it boils. Make sure the clams have opened. Now, cook for 5 to 7 minutes. The dish is ready to serve.
In the End
Now that you’ve become aware of how to use Italian chopped tomatoes, try the dishes. Ensure that you purchase high-quality chopped tomato products from a reliable supplier. Get the best ingredient and impress people with your skills. Happy cooking!